KnowledgeUnleashed

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KnowledgeUnleashed

ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ

3 posters

Powerful Therence McKenna quote (one among many others)

UnderTheTree
    UnderTheTree

Powerful Therence McKenna quote (one among many others) Empty Powerful Therence McKenna quote (one among many others)

Post  UnderTheTree Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:24 pm

Terence Kemp McKenna (November 16, 1946 – April 3, 2000) was an American ethnobotanist, philosopher, psychonaut, researcher, teacher, lecturer, and writer on many subjects, such as human consciousness, language, psychedelic substances, the evolution of civilizations, the origin and end of the universe, alchemy, and extraterrestrial beings.
    Credits to Wikipedia, link: wikipedia.org/wiki/Terence_McKenna

Here's one of my favorite quotes from this awesome human being, a very powerful quote that really points out one of our biggest problem (if not the biggest) in today's society.

“We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.”
    ― Terence McKenna

For more quotes from Therence check the link below or google him.Smile
    goodreads.com/author/quotes/9243.Terence_McKenna
    ripcord
    ripcord

Powerful Therence McKenna quote (one among many others) Empty Re: Powerful Therence McKenna quote (one among many others)

Post  ripcord Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:20 pm

Hits the bullseye! Love it!
    Eschatos
    Eschatos

Powerful Therence McKenna quote (one among many others) Empty Re: Powerful Therence McKenna quote (one among many others)

Post  Eschatos Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:44 pm

Mckenna and his brother sure were something else. Ever heard of the mushroom strain he created that was one of his life works called "penis envy," a strain of cubensis I believe. Off topic but since I saw Terence was being brought up I had to bring this up. Razz
    UnderTheTree
    UnderTheTree

Post  UnderTheTree Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:51 am

I'm still going through a lot of his lectures, but no I didn't know about that fact, its pretty funny. And yeah they sure are something else. Have you heard about the week in which they took mushrooms all day every day for the entire week. Thats really going deep in the exploration of your consciousness. Smile
    Eschatos
    Eschatos

Post  Eschatos Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:18 am

Ya they did some insane things. I have a really neat book written by him that covers a lot of areas, forgot the name and cant seem to find it. Whats interesting about the cubensis strain "penis envy" was that it was finished around the time of his death and he never got to grow any (I dont think). The strain disapeared completely for many years for whatever reason and only recently came back into the mycological scene. The power of pyschoactive substances in analyzing and further understanding consciousness is definitely a "taboo" and under-studied phenomenon. If you continue researching McKenna you'll learn his perspective on how mushrooms are possibly a kind of conscious enabler to opening a telepathic communication to other intelligence beings. However psychoactive mushrooms are indeed dangerous depending on the well-being of the individual so I don't suggest anyone go gobbling down cubes without research/mental well-being.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:01 pm