KnowledgeUnleashed

ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ

"Comment" By "George Galloway" - A Nice Must See series looking behind the facts, mainstream media ignores

Admin
    Admin

"Comment" By "George Galloway" - A Nice Must See series looking behind the facts, mainstream media ignores

Post  Admin on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:42 pm

Published on 8 Mar 2013
    The Arab League has officially given the green light for the offering of military support to the foreign-backed militants fighting against the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

In a statement released at the end of a meeting of the AL ministers in the Egyptian capital, Cairo, on Wednesday, the ministers said they had "stressed the right of each state according to its wishes to offer all types of self defense, including military, to support ... the Free [Syrian] Army."

This is while the league had previously highlighted that the Syrian opposition and militants should be backed by humanitarian and diplomatic means.

He further called on the European Union (EU) to lift an arms embargo on Syria for the facilitation of the provision of weapons to the militants in Syria.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin
    Admin

UK support for Syrian rebels

Post  Admin on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:44 pm

UK support for Syrian rebels

Published on 1 Mar 2013
    Britain and the United States say they will provide more assistance to the armed groups fighting against the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

"We must significantly increase support for the Syrian opposition. We are preparing to do just that," British Foreign Secretary William Hague said at a joint press conference with US Secretary of State John Kerry in London on Monday. And Kerry agreed with Hague.

Syrian opposition groups recently expressed frustration at not receiving enough assistance from their foreign backers.

"I am very sensitive to that frustration," said Kerry, adding that as a US senator he had pushed the US administration to consider providing military aid to the Syrian militants.

The US and its Western allies, as well as Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar, claim that they want to see the Syria crisis end, but at the same time they continue to arm and fund the militants.

Later in the day, members of the Syrian opposition said they would attend the so-called Friends of Syria conference in Rome on Thursday.

Ahmed Moaz al-Khatib, the president of the so-called National Coalition of Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces, had said earlier that he would boycott the 11-nation meeting.

Admin
    Admin

I don't recognize Israel

Post  Admin on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:45 pm

I don't recognize Israel

Published on 22 Feb 2013
    British MP George Galloway has walked out of a debate at Oxford University upon finding out that his opposite side is an Israeli.

According to Thursday reports, Galloway immediately left the discussion session at the university's Christ Church College, after Eylon Aslan-Levy, accidentally revealed his Israeli origins.

The British lawmaker was arguing that the Israeli regime should immediately withdraw from the occupied West Bank when Aslan-Levy used the word "we" to describe Israel's stance on the issue.

"You said 'we'," said Galloway. "Are you an Israeli?" "I am, yes," Aslan-Levy replied.

Galloway then said, "I don't debate with Israelis. I have been misled, sorry," reiterating as he walked out that, "I don't recognize Israel and I don't debate with Israelis."

"I never debate with Israelis nor speak to their media. If they want to speak about Palestine - the address is the PLO [Palestine Liberation Organization]," Galloway later said on his Facebook page.

He also stated the Christ Church College had never informed him that the debate would be with an Israeli.

During Pakistan's Karachi Literature Festival on February 18, Galloway called on the West to "stop supporting the crimes of Israel against the Palestinians."

"As long as Western countries are giving Israel money for weapons, inventing one law for Israel and another for others, how can you expect Muslims to look with equanimity towards a crime of such importance in such a place?" the British MP asked.

Sponsored content

Re: "Comment" By "George Galloway" - A Nice Must See series looking behind the facts, mainstream media ignores

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:24 pm